First live show

ohbearded1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some really good friends of mine had a show recently in our hometown. Here are some shots I got with my D90. C&C Welcome of course.

52091256447533465068283.jpg

52091256411383465068283.jpg

52091256454933465068283.jpg

52091256451183465068283.jpg

i like the first one.. i use saturation drops a lot in band photos too.. seems to give them that "feeling" the other photos dont really do anything for me though.. and heres why:

#2 the mic stand in the front grabs my attention, instead of the dude.
#3 i think you should have gone landscape, it would have looked better, because the way it is, I think to myself "what was the subject? the drummer, or the guitarist.. whereas if it was landscape, and you can see both properly, i would know the intent was for both in the photo.
#4 main problem i have with it, is you cut off his head... there are a few other things to, like the mic stand..

i like the first one.. i use saturation drops a lot in band photos too.. seems to give them that "feeling" the other photos dont really do anything for me though.. and heres why:

#2 the mic stand in the front grabs my attention, instead of the dude.
#3 i think you should have gone landscape, it would have looked better, because the way it is, I think to myself "what was the subject? the drummer, or the guitarist.. whereas if it was landscape, and you can see both properly, i would know the intent was for both in the photo.
#4 main problem i have with it, is you cut off his head... there are a few other things to, like the mic stand..

Yeah the first is my favorite out of the entire set.

As for the problems with the mics in the photos, I tried to overcome that as much as possible but I was working with very little room up front. The location they played at was a small pavilion in the middle of downtown. There really wasn't a straigh ahead angle for me to get in as I would be blocking the view of many people. With #3 I was really trying to capture both members but at the same time showcasing the logo on the kick drum. I will be working on the problem of the mic stands and other objects interfering with the composition. Thanks for the reply.

Most reactions

Back