What's new

First live show

ohbearded1

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Location
Durham, NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some really good friends of mine had a show recently in our hometown. Here are some shots I got with my D90. C&C Welcome of course.

52091256447533465068283.jpg


52091256411383465068283.jpg


52091256454933465068283.jpg


52091256451183465068283.jpg
 
i like the first one.. i use saturation drops a lot in band photos too.. seems to give them that "feeling" the other photos dont really do anything for me though.. and heres why:

#2 the mic stand in the front grabs my attention, instead of the dude.
#3 i think you should have gone landscape, it would have looked better, because the way it is, I think to myself "what was the subject? the drummer, or the guitarist.. whereas if it was landscape, and you can see both properly, i would know the intent was for both in the photo.
#4 main problem i have with it, is you cut off his head... there are a few other things to, like the mic stand..
 
i like the first one.. i use saturation drops a lot in band photos too.. seems to give them that "feeling" the other photos dont really do anything for me though.. and heres why:

#2 the mic stand in the front grabs my attention, instead of the dude.
#3 i think you should have gone landscape, it would have looked better, because the way it is, I think to myself "what was the subject? the drummer, or the guitarist.. whereas if it was landscape, and you can see both properly, i would know the intent was for both in the photo.
#4 main problem i have with it, is you cut off his head... there are a few other things to, like the mic stand..

Yeah the first is my favorite out of the entire set.

As for the problems with the mics in the photos, I tried to overcome that as much as possible but I was working with very little room up front. The location they played at was a small pavilion in the middle of downtown. There really wasn't a straigh ahead angle for me to get in as I would be blocking the view of many people. With #3 I was really trying to capture both members but at the same time showcasing the logo on the kick drum. I will be working on the problem of the mic stands and other objects interfering with the composition. Thanks for the reply.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom