What's new

First Lousy attempt at HDR

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
41
Location
in the eye of a tornado
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't have photomatrix so I'm trying to do this with PS Elements 5. Needless to say it didn't turn out very well.

429860695_761e8eed60.jpg


Any comments are wellcome.
 
In a shot like this the temptation is to lighten everything to get the most detail especially in the shadows Also the edges that you are blending need to be very accurate - I see black edges on the right of the guitar that should not be there. I'd like to see the guitar with more contrast.

By the way if this is a one RAW file, it's not really HDR.
 
I kinda like it.
It almost looks like a hand tinted print...kinda "Hyperreal."
 
It's not just one. I had a total of 10 shots of which I think I used 5. Thanks for the comment... I'm looking at getting Photomatrix so hopefully this will look better next time.
 
It's actually not THAT bad. photomatix will yield different results though.
 
I kinda like it.. But I agree, something is missing and i can't figure out what it is
 
nice picture, i agree that the edge on the right side shouldnt be there, it makes the guitar pop a little too much, but other then that its gorgeous
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom