First Maternity Shoot -3 for C&C Please

SageMark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.thisisyou.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Holla. My first maternity shoot went fairly well, but we all know practice, practice, and then practice some more. It also doesn't hurt to post a few up here to get some dirt kicked in your face as well.

This was a free shoot, and pulled about 65 decent shots out in about an hour and a half. I know one of the following is overexposed, but I liked the composition so much I thought I would give it to her.

My gear,...sigh.. Nikon D2H sb-600 flash that is unfortunately mounted on the camera, and at the time of this shoot,...lacked batteries (No fill :grumpy:)

Oh, it was done at 12:00 on the sunniest day in the universe, no clouds, and she could only be available at that time for shooting.

Heart1of1.jpg

11of1.jpg

59.jpg

Well... about the only thing missing is selective coloring.

Mark, ya gotta get away from the clichés and the gimmicks.

I see some fully leaved trees in the background. That's where the shade is. In fact, the second one looks like you were in some pretty good shade.

I'm sorry... the last one is just too silly. I offer that in the most constructive way... really.

-Pete

Pete,

Thanks for the c&c. The last one was not ment to be thought provoking. It was just kinda around the relm of,...go stand up on the hill real fast for me, after we finished shooting at a location. I would never make anyone pay for anything of that nature lol.

We did get alot of serious and thought provoking shots in some great shade, I'll post those after I finish the PP this evening for a more serious C&C.

:)

#2 is about the only one which is nice I'd say. First one is very very cliche. And the third one, I gotta be frank, what where you thinking? It just doesn't make sense for a maternity shoot, or any professional shoot at that.

#2 is about the only one which is nice I'd say. First one is very very cliche. And the third one, I gotta be frank, what where you thinking? It just doesn't make sense for a maternity shoot, or any professional shoot at that.

I understand, thank you. This was my first shoot. So 2 cliche shots out of 65 captures isn't that horrible, I wouldn't think. So, during the journey striving to be a professional one day, I have shot 2 cliche shots. Thats not that bad considering the numbers I am sure.

As I mentioned, I did get some great serious thought provocking shots out of the bunch. I'll post when they are done with the PP this evening.

The third photo, was for absolute fun. It has nothing to do with a maternity shot. It may even very well be the worst photo of all time, who knows, where's the contest and I'll enter it to see.

To get any results you have to practice, and I am.

I would be in error if I wasn't shooting. I would be in error if I wasn't posting for C&C.

I understand, thank you. This was my first shoot. So 2 cliche shots out of 65 captures isn't that horrible, I wouldn't think. So, during the journey striving to be a professional one day, I have shot 2 cliche shots. Thats not that bad considering the numbers I am sure.

As I mentioned, I did get some great serious thought provocking shots out of the bunch. I'll post when they are done with the PP this evening.

The third photo, was for absolute fun. It has nothing to do with a maternity shot. It may even very well be the worst photo of all time, who knows, where's the contest and I'll enter it to see.

To get any results you have to practice, and I am.

I would be in error if I wasn't shooting. I would be in error if I wasn't posting for C&C.

Well given your explanation I'm looking forward to the rest of the work, and you're right 2 cliche shots out of 65 isn't bad at all; I just wouldn't have chosen them as keepers or posted them for C&C :p

lets see the other 62. methinks there might still be a lingering cliche ;)
i kid.

i cant actually see the pics in this thread...did you remove them?
do you have a link? i'd like to check em out. :D

Most reactions

Back