First model shoot in 2 years still a little rusty

To clarify, though I don't see why I should have to, the first picture here resembles in some important ways the two-strip-lights/cat's-eye look that is commonly associated with Martin Schoeller.

It's a kind of a Martin Schoeller look.

That's an amazing stretch, unless you mean that both shoot indoors a lot, and use flash.

ouch way to steal my thunder thanks amolitor

Sorry, my mistake. Apparently, amolitor feels that in your first session after a two-year layoff, the images are right up there with Martin Schoeller's high-fashion and celebrity work.

tirediron said:
Okay... a'splain me your lighting for the first one please.

Robin Usagani said:
I am not liking the catch lights. The nose ring made her nose look funny on #3&4 from that angle.[/QUOTE
Robin Usagani said:

Braineack said:
Looks like a light source on each side of the lens provide an odd catchlight and really flat lighting with no shadows defining shape...

kundalini said:
The full set shows pretty consistent harsh hair shadows across her forehead. Add to that the dual catch lights, tells me the lighting setup was more of a cross lighting rather than a Main and Fill setup. The lights are in conflict with each other instead of complimenting, even though you have a good ratio from one side of the face to the other in most of the images. Quite possibly the lights are too far away from the model or the modifier needs to be larger.

That's an amazing stretch, unless you mean that both shoot indoors a lot, and use flash.

ouch way to steal my thunder thanks amolitor

Sorry, my mistake. Apparently, amolitor feels that in your first session after a two-year layoff, the images are right up there with Martin Schoeller's high-fashion and celebrity work.

Untrue and unfair. You know I like and respect you, Derrel, but your hyperbole can be pretty obnoxious.

Not to worry, John. Derrel and I are both grownups, we can tussle without being awful.

Merry Christmas, everyone! Derrel, that means you too, you hyperbolic bugger, you! You know I mean it, right?

I really like these actually. Yes there are minor flaws but possibly that makes it more real for me which is possibly why I like them more than usual for these kind of shots.

I also agree with amolitor, my favorite out of the lot is the second. I think my favourite of the whole shoot is the one with her eyes closed on your web page. I see what you mean about that outfit though!

I checked out the gallery. I pick the left-most shot in the bottom row of the first page. As a photograph, I think it has everything working. Dynamic pose and very good light.

I checked out the gallery. I pick the left-most shot in the bottom row of the first page. As a photograph, I think it has everything working. Dynamic pose and very good light.
thanks no sure im allowed to post that one here

I really like these actually. Yes there are minor flaws but possibly that makes it more real for me which is possibly why I like them more than usual for these kind of shots.

I also agree with amolitor, my favorite out of the lot is the second. I think my favourite of the whole shoot is the one with her eyes closed on your web page. I see what you mean about that outfit though!
thanks $2013port-natalya-824-Edit.jpg

thanks no sure im allowed to post that one here

hmm, not sure why not. It doesn't show anything, heck I've seen bikini's posted on here with a lot less material than that. ;)

Most reactions

Back