First Nephew, First Photos.

Kipper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I took these of my first nephew at the weekend. Any and all help is gratefully received.

Fingers.jpg

Robin.jpg

Kirsty2_8by6.jpg

Kirsty1_8by6.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Hmmm...have you tried turning the first two to black and white? And maybe using the softening filter with PS (if you have that), too. For me, they are just a bit harsh in color and such....and the second one is very cool feeling with the colors, and with pictures like this, you want a warmer feeling usually.

The last one, I'd say to try and include a bit more of his chin next time...not to crop QUITE so close to his mouth.

Not bad though. :)

Yeah the 2nd one is really cold and uneasy. The baby looks like it's dead.

The great thing about a new baby in the family is lots of chances to take pictures! The coloring on these seems really off to me, and I'm not sure if it was intentional in post processing or if these are how they came out of the camera. My biggest suggestion to you is to turn off your flash and get baby and Mom near a big window and make use of the natural light.

Sw1tchFX said:
Yeah the 2nd one is really cold and uneasy. The baby looks like it's dead.

This was the only one I didn't really gel with. The idea was to have all looking similar in colour as part of a series. I have separated it out and B&W looks better, but if you can let me know how to soften the photo (I have PS CS) That would be great. I would have said he looked a little bit blueberry like tho :sexywink:

Kipper said:
This was the only one I didn't really gel with. The idea was to have all looking similar in colour as part of a series. I have separated it out and B&W looks better, but if you can let me know how to soften the photo (I have PS CS) That would be great. I would have said he looked a little bit blueberry like tho :sexywink:

I'll have to look when I get home, but I'm pretty sure there is a softening filter in the Filters menu. I'm at work now, and don't have the program to look at the moment. :)

good shots, but the light and colour are way to harsh...on my screen, the colour is really whacky..did you try something?? the first shot is really good, but again, the flash is too harsh, try moving to natural light

emogirl said:
good shots, but the light and colour are way to harsh...on my screen, the colour is really whacky..did you try something?? the first shot is really good, but again, the flash is too harsh, try moving to natural light

Hi,

Thanks for the comments. To give you the full picture, this was the first time I met the little fella and we don't get to see them that often. The place was in the house of the mother in law so the wall was the best background I could get. The day was not that bright so natural light wasn't a viable option.
I have been create pictures that have some wow factor, B&W looked too plain, so I was trying for the washed out hint of colour look, but as you can see the colours are a little (unintentionally) harsh.
I don't know the next time I will see them to take some more pictures, so I will have to work with what I have.
If anyone can help the pictures are OTE.

Many thanks again,

Most reactions

Back