First Newborn shoot tomorrow!!! Help!

MLeeK said:
C'mon now. Use some common sense here. You aren't propping baby up where they're going to flop over like a fish. We're talking about how babies simply slide out of position within seconds of putting them into position.

Common sense would be safety first. Even if their head just "slides" out of the position. A lot of photographers do composites because it's safer.

MLeeK said:
C'mon now. Use some common sense here. You aren't propping baby up where they're going to flop over like a fish. We're talking about how babies simply slide out of position within seconds of putting them into position.

Common sense would be safety first. Even if their head just "slides" out of the position. A lot of photographers do composites because it's safer.

dumb question... whats a composite? and how do you do them?

One thing I wish I had known when I did my first shoot--> Keep a warm blanket with you, fleece or the like. When snuggling your baby into position keep the blanket over their body. The baby will move a little, but calm down much quicker covered up. After baby's settled and you have the body positioned how you'd like THEN remove the blanket and start snapping. Good luck!!

ForTheLove said:
Awesome, thanks for that! Definatly going to give that a go

Iheartfaces.com also has a good tutorial.

Thanks for all the help guys! We will see tomorrow if it all works out. I will post photos for you too see how i went and for some C&C

Thanks for all the help guys! We will see tomorrow if it all works out. I will post photos for you too see how i went and for some C&C

Can't wait to see your photos. I <3 newborn photography!

Last edited:
I now beleive ppl when they say its the hardest photography!! OMG! Baby 1 screamed and screamed, I have never heard such noises in all my life! We got there in the end though :) Baby 2 was a pleaseurem he was so well behaived, so all in all was a good day! I will post some photos when I get my computer back from having the mother board replaced, this lap top monitor isn't calibrated and it horrible to edit on .. lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back