First night shoot!

DLindsey88

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all!! I'm new to photography and this forum and look forward to getting some great advice from everyone. I did a little night shooting last night, and this was my favorite. Please let me know what you think, and don't hold back on the critiques. Thanks!!!!
$IMG_3645 cropped.jpg

Also, please check out my blog for more of my pics.
The Photog Blog

Not that many will be interested in looking at the street sign. Try to capture the light trails from cars. Perhaps find a more interesting locations (views from top looking down).

What did you want to achieve with this photograph?

I checked out your blog, the Constitution Dr / US Flag shot is more interesting by far.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I missed the whole purpose of the photo.

I checked out your blog, the Constitution Dr / US Flag shot is more interesting by far.
Thanks for checking out my blog!! I liked that shot as well, but I feel like it would look much better in the daytime with a nice, clear sky. The weather has been pretty bad the last fees days, so I'm waiting for it to clear up so I can reshoot.

What did you want to achieve with this photograph?
The idea was to catch the cars driving by with a focus on the DON'T CROSS part of the sign (cars speeding by, don't cross... unless you WANT to get run over). I wanted to get more cars in the shot, but it was an impromptu shoot and there was almost no traffic.

Oddly I kinda like the yellow in light (hah, punny) of that article where yellow lights are going out and blue are going in.

Thanks for checking out my blog!! I liked that shot as well, but I feel like it would look much better in the daytime with a nice, clear sky. The weather has been pretty bad the last fees days, so I'm waiting for it to clear up so I can reshoot.

Well technically it may not be perfect, maybe that's what I like about it. The noisy sky, sign post diagonals, and the motion blur of the flag all make it a pretty dynamic scene. Where I see a little turmoil, you see blue skies :) ... I would like to compare the re-shoot.

I have to agree with the above comments, but also, the WB is way off. It is too warm.
I shot this warm on purpose because that corner naturally has a warn glow because the street light are old. I feel like that is a major part of the corner's personality, and didn't want to lose that by going blue.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back