First non-family gig.

Granddad

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
On Monday morning I had my first customer into my home studio; one of my wife's dance buddies. These three are my favourites after cropping and lightrooming:
C&C welcome.

Siobhan_0245.jpg

Siobhan_0493.jpg

Siobhan_0614a.jpg

Like the tilt in 1st two, watermark is a huge distraction

Focus looks off in the second. I really like the third. The cape/cloth is mirroring her pose almost. That's my favorite or to me most visually appealing. Although I think it would look great without the lace sleeves.

You're right, it is, it's not even a pretty watermark. I'll remember that and redo them without.

EDITED: Watermark removed.

As for the focus in #2, it may be a shade off, I was shooting as she was dancing but I still like it enough to class it as a favourite.

The sleeves? I'm not sure, it was a new outfit and she really wanted to wear them. It would have been better if her left sleeve hadn't wrapped itself around her arm.

Hey! She ASKED for soft focus :lol: ... beats me why!

Last edited:
You're right, it is, it's not even a pretty watermark. I'll remember that and redo them without.

EDITED: Watermark removed.

As for the focus in #2, it may be a shade off, I was shooting as she was dancing but I still like it enough to class it as a favourite.

The sleeves? I'm not sure, it was a new outfit and she really wanted to wear them. It would have been better if her left sleeve hadn't wrapped itself around her arm.

Hey! She ASKED for soft focus :lol: ... beats me why!

Soft focus can mask age and wrinkles in the skin(Typically I just do spot treatment for that. They ladies love it.) and can create a hazy dreamy sort of feel if done right. Or she just has no idea what she is talking about. Sometimes you have to give people what they need and not what they want. Photos look pretty decent.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back