Website
www.thinhlephotos.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
http://www.flickr.com/photos/superthinh12/2876574650/

2876574650_569726996a.jpg

Last edited:
How could you do it ???????????????????

Looks pretty good as far as background blurr and the car looks decently sharp while also showing motion. It looks a little over exposed however and I would have kept the car more to the right of the frame with more distance in front of it. That helps to imply motion as well. These are just my thoughts as I am no expert at this.

Yeah I agree, the panning is fairly well executed but the car is very overexposed - either try getting a faster car and raising your shutter speed, or choose a bigger f-stop.

A bit (or quite a bit, in other words ... erm ... very) overexposed, but the pan as such is good, car stayed in focus, background is blurred, only was there too much light there for you to go to the shutter speed required in order to be able to pan.

I can just follow the others. The car is very overexposed. It is not always easy to expose white objects in the sun properly.

haha yeah i kind figured that out when i did it. that was one of the hottest days in the summer. i am gonna probally put the f stop higher next time or shutterspeed

The car looks really sharp! Can't read the EXIF data for it... but the shutter speed wasn't too long judging by the fact that you can still make out the background well, despite it being blurred.

I tried out panning yesterday, and went for a longer shutter speed to try and make the background more abstract. That part is easy, but then keeping the moving object crisp gets more and more difficult... this was one of my best...

20080923-IMG_7626.jpg

The car looks really sharp! Can't read the EXIF data for it... but the shutter speed wasn't too long judging by the fact that you can still make out the background well, despite it being blurred.

I tried out panning yesterday, and went for a longer shutter speed to try and make the background more abstract. That part is easy, but then keeping the moving object crisp gets more and more difficult... this was one of my best...

20080923-IMG_7626.jpg

As this is not your thread... Would you mind putting you picture in a thread of your own?

To OP... I like the picture and you have done an amazing job panning (better than I can do that's for sure), but as others have said the exposure is off by quite a bit. Stop down a little (I say... probably about 2 stops) and you'll have a nice pic.

I have to agree, it is very overexposed. Did you shoot in RAW, if so, if you open it in photoshop you should be able to alter the exposure before opening.

I would have to agree with everyone else here: The actual panning motion is very good; the car is in pretty crisp focus throughout. However, the car is very overexposed, and I think the car should have been centered towards the right of the frame to allow the car "looking space".

However, that's not to say that the overexposure is a bad thing. When used right, panning and overexposure can be used in very good harmony to create a sort o abstract image. I remember that I tried it (by accident :p) on a Renault 5 Rally car, and, in my opinion, it turned out really well.

Great job panning!
Let's see what you come up with when you edit it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back