First Photo Post - My Cat

sm3g

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys.
Got home the other day and there was some good afternoon sun that the cat was enjoying.
Given I had really only just gotten my new toy for Christmas I was taking every opportunity to grab some photos so didn't treat this occasion any different.

This was taken using a Nikon D3300
Lense: VR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G
Focal Length: 55mm
Aperture: f/5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/125s
ISO: 100
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority

After taking it I also installed Lightroom to have a play! After setting up my collection the way I wanted (read guides about this) I played around with some of the values on this photo - to me it looked a bit washed out/dull so thought I'd have a go at fixing it.

Suspect I went a bit overboard with the sharpening here? Not sure.
Anyway, hit me up with your C&C - while a cat isn't going to be my regular subject everything helps!

I think you sharpened it perfectly! Nice work, cute kitty :)

Your editing has helped some, but the photo wasn't planned very well. You've got a camouflaged cat in dappled sunlight, with plant material encroaching upon your subject. Pose is not the best either.

Spontaneous photographs can teach you quite a lot, but you might learn what was not good as opposed to what you thought was good. I'd say you should keep on trying.

Thanks for the feedback!
Looks like I need to start really focusing on the composition of my photos then. Might work with some simpler objects and lighting angles to try and get my head around it some more.

Thanks for the feedback!
Looks like I need to start really focusing on the composition of my photos then. Might work with some simpler objects and lighting angles to try and get my head around it some more.
Maybe, or just place the cat on a better background.

Thanks for the feedback!
Maybe, or just place the cat on a better background.

Hahaha if only, she decides where she poses, not the other way round :p

Sharpening looks fine on the cat's face and eye areas when seen on-screen. Definitely not over-sharpened in my opinion. I love cats.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back