First photo post: Palio di Siena 2006

DReali

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone,
I just joined and I've finally had the time to post a photo! :wink: This one I took a couple years back at the Palio di Siena, a chaotic but great event to photograph. This was taken at the "curva di San Martino", the most dangerous turn in the square. I strategically positioned myself there as I knew at least 1 guy was falling off his horse, in the end it was about five.

estate12006085a.jpg

C&C Welcome & Ecouraged!

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited:
this is a GREAT photo. i can almost just feel the crowd and the excitement. beautiful. and the fact that you caught that guy getting slammed against the wall is just that much better. one of my favorites i have seen on here.

Great shots and welcome. Where was this taken?
Thanks Renair! This was taken in Siena, Italy. The Palio is an annual event there that has continued since the 16th century (hence the lack of saddles).

Thanks AF44!

And thanks a million Flower Child for the enthusiastic feedback!

Grazie Roger! I'm sure it would have been a lot more exciting in the 1500's considering you would risk death for being from the wrong contrada, though it isn't much safer (for a spectator) nowadays :). And yea, for those who have the blood-lust I'm sure the barriers are a massive kill-joy but I don't think the shop-owners would enjoy dealing with the bleeding jockeys that just flew through their display windows.:lmao:

Last edited:
The thing that makes this photo for me are all the people in the balcony leaning over for a peek! Well done!

There's so many little details that keep my interest here. For some reason I'm getting a kick out of the guy clinging to the pillar in the lower right corner.

Thanks Dosh!

Wow! This one is great.

Cheers jv08!

The thing that makes this photo for me are all the people in the balcony leaning over for a peek! Well done!

Thanks Harmony, that's one of my favourite elements in this shot.

There's so many little details that keep my interest here. For some reason I'm getting a kick out of the guy clinging to the pillar in the lower right corner.

Thanks Dormfab! I'm glad you noticed him but I'll admit that when I shot this I didn't see him. However while editing I was pleasantly surprised by his eager expression and body language.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back