first photo posting

nouseforaname

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
well, i dont have my new camera going yet but i thought id post one of my older shots taken with a shitty point n shoot digital cam

trojan2.jpg

Pretty cool shot! I like all of the grays in the sky and on the runway, and on the body of the plane, inturrupted by the bright orange. The spinning propeller gives it some action, and the composition is pretty good.

Thanks for sharing it!

-Taryn

I like htis shot a lot, good angle on the plane and I like the gray contrasting the color of the plane. I'd say a smaller depth of field though and either a longer shutter speed to get mroe motin or enough to stop. Of course its really hard to control that w/ a point and shoot huh? Nice shot

I like the color of the plane and the dark grey sky but thats about it. You could have done more with it though. I dont like the angle much , i think if you moved to the right a little more and try to get more of the plane in the shot or if possible move adjacent to the wing and shoot towards the pilot. Also that might have helped with losing that chunk of a wing lower left of the pic.

thanks for the critisism

I dont like the angle much , i think if you moved to the right a little more and try to get more of the plane in the shot or if possible move adjacent to the wing and shoot towards the pilot. Also that might have helped with losing that chunk of a wing lower left of the pic.

i was trying to focus on the engine with its huge prop (1500hp engine), also if i wanted a side on shot i woulda have to been on something really high to see above the wing or really far away which i couldnt do because theres hangers in the way. also , thats not wing in the lower left :p its a bit of an elivator :p

thanks for the advice either way :)

I do like the pic. Perhaps a little background clutter but the flightline is not the place to be running around composing. I also think the overcast really adds to the picture. Great exposure on that account. Ummm, (searches old aviation files,) T-6 Texan? Nope cowl to rounded. Flying Milk Jug? Hmm nope, intakes not large enough for P-47. Um...Durn I dont know.

Most reactions

Back