First ''photo'' with my new camera

If I have a bestie like that, I'd be photographing her all day long. :eek:

You'll have to bribe her with pizza
She's even more pretty when she laugh (That's only a test shot for the light, a crappy shot, but still an nice reminder/inside joke for us. She was telling me everything about her new date, kiss and tell.
12295283_10156314709180010_9056392887409780447_n.jpg

For cropping top of head, I often do it, and kinda like it, I watch a lot of Sue Bryce video lately and she also does crop a lot at the top of the head. I found a chart on the net which says it's okay, what's everybody opinion about that?

Thank you, I wasn't really trying to do something, just wanted to try out the camera.

I was very impressed by how good looking the noise was at 6400 Iso, past 1000 with my d300 it looked like crap. I knew it would be better, but I wasn't expecting that great.

View attachment 112166

That was the actual shot, with my prime so I didn't really have space behind me and to the side.
I was bugged by the cutted feet, so I crop even more, but I do agree with you.
View attachment 112165

Also shot that one;
She's the cutest awkward penguin
23439904025_9308cceb09.jpg

You know what? I think I like this shot even more. Lovely model, nice feel to this shot (yes, she seems a bit awkward in the pose--but it works wonderfully), and you're doing some nice work.

Thanks for sharing.

For cropping top of head, I often do it, and kinda like it, I watch a lot of Sue Bryce video lately and she also does crop a lot at the top of the head. I found a chart on the net which says it's okay, what's everybody opinion about that?

I do it all the time and I do it to make it more intentional to bring focus into other parts of the model's face (like the eyes or mouth). As long as I like it, it doesn't really matter what other people have to say. :D

Cropping into the top of the head can be done deliberately and with style, with purpose, with meaning,and with success and positive impact, or it can be done accidentally and in a gauche manner, inelegantly, and to the detriment of the overall photo--or anywhere in-between! The biggest blunder is typically the accidental, unplanned head-chop made with a horizontal camera orientation, and two big chunks of empty, uninteresting background flanking the head; that is what's called a head-chop, and such photos typically look like they were shot by a noob who has no background in composition.

Most reactions

Back