First Photo

morydd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.morydd.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, here's my first photo posted on this forum. Any suggestions, comments, critiques will be thankfully accepted.
(Hope the size is acceptable. If I need to adjust please let me know.)
chrome.jpg

wow I LOVE this! Awesome shot!

and the size is just fine. welcome to TPF

Great picture! Nice treatment too! The only slight criticism isn't really anything you could probably help here - the reflection in the round bit where you can see yourself?

Great pic though and a beast of a machine!

Rob

I kind of like the reflection... makes it a subtle self-portrait. But I understand how it can also be a bit distracting. Thanks for the comments.

morydd said:
I kind of like the reflection... makes it a subtle self-portrait. But I understand how it can also be a bit distracting. Thanks for the comments.

I was gonna say post it again in the artyfarty self-poartrait thread! I like it in that context as well! :)

Rob

welcome!... I love the way chrome looks in B&W.... I suppose im just a motorhead with delusions of culture :p

this is awesome! I love the star effect from the reflected light and the grain... mmrrrrr

mentos_007 said:
this is awesome! I love the star effect from the reflected light and the grain... mmrrrrr
i was going to comment on the glint/star effect you captured on the chrome, but mentos beat me to it... anyway, nice shot... looks good in b&w... welcome to TPF... :thumbup:

Guess it's usefull information to tell you it was shot on B&W film. The only processing I did was a little bit of contrast/level adjustment and fixing of my sloppy scanning job for sqareness.

morydd said:
I kind of like the reflection... makes it a subtle self-portrait.
Me too. I like the idea.
If possible, I'd consider a reshoot with the same reflection, sans the car (?) and perhaps a bit more of you in the reflection. Love the trees!!

"...sans the car" is a good idea, other than that I like this combination of motorcycle engine and self portrait, placing the round of your lens right where there is this round centred piece (you know what I am talking about) ... I have taken a similar photo of myself (? - or did the reflection include someone else? :scratch: ) several years ago (but I don't own nor ride a bike!)

I don't ride myself. This was a spur of the moment shot while we were on vacation last year. Not that I can't find another Harley somewhere to try again.

It's funny. I really have very little desire to ride motorcycles. But I sort of want to own motorcycles.

Thanks again for all the comments.

Most reactions

Back