What's new

First Photos, New Hobby

RyanTheRhino

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 30, 2012
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Attachments

  • $Dragonfly.webp
    $Dragonfly.webp
    324.2 KB · Views: 153
  • $DSC_0372.webp
    $DSC_0372.webp
    74.1 KB · Views: 86
  • $DSC_0129.webp
    $DSC_0129.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 102
  • $DSC_0327.webp
    $DSC_0327.webp
    268.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Way too many to C&C! Post three or 4 max.. numbered for reference!

That dragonfly shot ain't bad at all, considering the lens you shot it with! Looks pretty good! Love the backlighting...
 
sorry, I know noob mistake ill remove them to the limits in the rules when i get a chance.
 
sorry, I know noob mistake ill remove them to the limits in the rules when i get a chance.

Not really RULES, or anything! It is just "work" to do good C&C, and most of us will not do more than a very quick, non-detailed C&C on more than about 3 to 5 images.... and a lot of us won't even bother doing that! Just trying to help you out with the suggestion, so your post doesn't get ignored! ;)

Pick three of your best! And don't get upset if the C&C seems harsh!
 
Feel free to call them crap , but tell me how to improve if you do.

You're going to fit in well here :)


Regarding critique: The images all seem to be lacking a subject. Most the first two, seeing as the grass is the obvious focus in the last. I kind of like that one, as simple as it is. The light kind of pulls my eye around, not in a bad way though.

Which mode were these shot in?
 
if possible, post one below the other for isolated evaluations... and also please number them
None of your images are bad; actually they are good
#1: you have achieved a wonderful background here; the image is fine
#2; the color in the sky and its reflection makes this attractive
#3: this is a good composition; please remove the tree tips seen on the right extreme so that viewer does not have an anxiety to see what is there beyond the frame
#4: There is no break point in this image
Regards & all the Best :D
 
if possible, post one below the other for isolated evaluations... and also please number them
None of your images are bad; actually they are good
#1: you have achieved a wonderful background here; the image is fine
#2; the color in the sky and its reflection makes this attractive
#3: this is a good composition; please remove the tree tips seen on the right extreme so that viewer does not have an anxiety to see what is there beyond the frame
#4: There is no break point in this image
Regards & all the Best :D

There are four? I only see three lol
 
if possible, post one below the other for isolated evaluations... and also please number them
None of your images are bad; actually they are good
#1: you have achieved a wonderful background here; the image is fine
#2; the color in the sky and its reflection makes this attractive
#3: this is a good composition; please remove the tree tips seen on the right extreme so that viewer does not have an anxiety to see what is there beyond the frame
#4: There is no break point in this image
Regards & all the Best :D

There are four? I only see three lol

Hey ya Jess! I think Nandkumar has been eating too much curry or something (wish I had some!)! There ARE only three (at least right now!) lol!
 
Ryan,

Of all the shots you posted earlier.. I liked the dragonfly best. It had an obvious subject, was well exposed, was in focus.. and had interest for a viewer!

Many of the others (including the three you left) lack an obvious subject (they are just scenes)... and there is really nothing to catch and hold a viewers eye! The patterns and textures in the grass are kind of cool, in a abstract way.. and that is probably the best shot of the three. Does that make any sense?
 
I like the second shot for compositon and general interest. Since I dont talk much I will just show you what I think.

24zby9u.jpg
 
sorry I didnt have time before so I just took down the bunch at random. I don't know which ones qualify as best since I know zero about photography in general. Oh well, seems like subject is the most important so I choose with that in mind
 
Last edited:
Feel free to call them crap , but tell me how to improve if you do.

You're going to fit in well here :)


Regarding critique: The images all seem to be lacking a subject. Most the first two, seeing as the grass is the obvious focus in the last. I kind of like that one, as simple as it is. The light kind of pulls my eye around, not in a bad way though.

Which mode were these shot in?

Haha, im a mod on another forum(not related to photography ) I think I can handle some abuse. And to answer your questions These are taken in manual mode. Still kinda getting use to making the adjustments at every turn.



to be more specific

All ISO 100

#1) Aperture 3.5 , fast shutter in bright daylight penetrating from a tree.
#2) Aperture 7.5 , shutter speed 1/80 I think
#3) Aperture 22 , automatic shutter speed selected. early morning light
#4) Aperture 11, automatic shutter speed selected. sunset light
 
Last edited:
I don't know which ones qualify as best...

You don't have to post only the "best", and you don't even have to know what makes "best". Sometimes simply posting a photo that you have a question about will yield valuable feedback. It helps considerably if you tell us what you did or tried to do.
 
if possible, post one below the other for isolated evaluations... and also please number them
None of your images are bad; actually they are good
#1: you have achieved a wonderful background here; the image is fine
#2; the color in the sky and its reflection makes this attractive
#3: this is a good composition; please remove the tree tips seen on the right extreme so that viewer does not have an anxiety to see what is there beyond the frame
#4: There is no break point in this image
Regards & all the Best :D

There are four? I only see three lol

if possible, post one below the other for isolated evaluations... and also please number them
None of your images are bad; actually they are good
#1: you have achieved a wonderful background here; the image is fine
#2; the color in the sky and its reflection makes this attractive
#3: this is a good composition; please remove the tree tips seen on the right extreme so that viewer does not have an anxiety to see what is there beyond the frame
#4: There is no break point in this image
Regards & all the Best :D

There are four? I only see three lol

Hey ya Jess! I think Nandkumar has been eating too much curry or something (wish I had some!)! There ARE only three (at least right now!) lol!

This is the problem of editing , once comments have been made; Ryan has replaced the images, i think, two or three times; and instead of clarifying this, he is putting "Likes" on the above comments :grumpy:
 
if possible, post one below the other for isolated evaluations... and also please number them
None of your images are bad; actually they are good
#1: you have achieved a wonderful background here; the image is fine
#2; the color in the sky and its reflection makes this attractive
#3: this is a good composition; please remove the tree tips seen on the right extreme so that viewer does not have an anxiety to see what is there beyond the frame
#4: There is no break point in this image
Regards & all the Best :D

There are four? I only see three lol

There are four? I only see three lol

Hey ya Jess! I think Nandkumar has been eating too much curry or something (wish I had some!)! There ARE only three (at least right now!) lol!

This is the problem of editing , once comments have been made; Ryan has replaced the images, i think, two or three times; and instead of clarifying this, he is putting "Likes" on the above comments :grumpy:

Yea.. but it's cool! We were all noobs once! lol!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom