First photos with a D40

Gallagher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi!
Am new to this forum so please be gentle! :wink:
I bought a D40 just because I wanted to take better photos than my P/S.
So here are my first photos with it! Just getting used to aperture setting. I know these aren't brilliant but I am getting better. The burger king one is weird but then again so am I at times! :lol:

Glad to meet you all!

Gallagher

Wood.jpg

Roaddown.jpg

Leafs.jpg

Darknessfalls.jpg

Burger.jpg

:wink:

Very nice pictures,the nr.2 is a great picture.
Nr.4 i really do like a lot...:thumbup:

Thanks Robstar!
Number 2 looks a bit orange? Don't know if thats because its just Autumn or the white balance in my D40 is getting confused?

I think you can improve these pictures a lot by post-processing them in photoshop or something. For example the second one could use some more saturation.

Thanks for the feed back ernie! Every time I use the saturation tool in photoshop it seems to create a over the top colour style where the photo starts to look too colourful. If I use just a little there is no point because you just cant tell. Is there another way of adding more saturation without that happening?

Example:

Sat.jpg

:wink:

Yes there is but I'm not that good in photoshop myself to tell you exactly how to do that. I'd suggest doing some googling or asking in these forums, people are very helpful here.

Did you use curves and levels yet btw? Helps a good deal too at improving in post-processing.

Most reactions

Back