What's new

First Photos with Donated Canon FD 50mm

Personally, I don't like the bokeh in number one...it's making me nauseous.

#1 has that unusual Tilt-A-Whirl bokeh that all the hep cats are after!

Is that "Tilt-A-Whirl" boken sooc? I have never seen quite that look. Almost looks like it was done in post.


Here's another shot for comparison, with the same settings as #1 and presented SOOC except for sizing. Is the effect still as noticeable to you as it is to me?

4.

7952189202_b7f3cbbc85_c.jpg
 
Personally, I don't like the bokeh in number one...it's making me nauseous.

#1 has that unusual Tilt-A-Whirl bokeh that all the hep cats are after!

Is that "Tilt-A-Whirl" boken sooc? I have never seen quite that look. Almost looks like it was done in post.


Here's another shot for comparison, with the same settings as #1 and presented SOOC except for sizing. Is the effect still as noticeable to you as it is to me?

Yes, and that is the strangest (for a lack of better word) bokeh I have seen from any lens.
 
Since several people have commented, I'm going to start a new thread to ask about this unusual blurring.
 
Last edited:
A quickly-taken casual portrait with the 50mm and adapter. They aren't models. I realize the WB is off and there are some blown areas on the hair. The light wasn't good and I didn't use a flash or reflector. Any thoughts?

5.

7991281012_a01f019eb5_b.jpg



6.

$Summer & Alec 2.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom