First Photos with Donated Canon FD 50mm

Jaemie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jaemierobinson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today, on my way back from signing papers for my new job in Seattle, I had a chance to shoot some photos with the Canon FD 50mm 1.8 that Jason (pixmedic) donated to me this week. C&C is welcome, although these are more like test and learn shots than anything else.

7947861706_e624437673_c.jpg

7947861940_0fdb0214fd_c.jpg

7947861824_dd32685f81_c.jpg

You got my attention with No.1 and yet I can't say why. I just like it and sometimes that's enough;)

Im kinda drawn to #1 too. Gratz on the new job! Looks like the lens works good.

I think I was drawn to the swirly bokeh on number 1. Anyway I do really like it.

Thanks, everyone.

I also especially like #1; it's not just the rust and old concrete, though I generally adore those materials in their aged state, but also the flowing movement of the metal piece that I find pleasing. Yesterday was very hot, and I think the lens captured that feeling pretty well. The pale colours and "swirly bokeh" (^^JAC526) convey a sense of heat distortion.

Personally, I don't like the bokeh in number one...it's making me nauseous.

Are you using the lens on a digital with an adapter, or are you shooting on film and scanning?

#1 has that unusual Tilt-A-Whirl bokeh that all the hep cats are after!

Personally, I don't like the bokeh in number one...it's making me nauseous.

Are you using the lens on a digital with an adapter, or are you shooting on film and scanning?

FD lens on a Digital Rebel with an FD to EF-S adapter.

#1 has that unusual Tilt-A-Whirl bokeh that all the hep cats are after!
Is that "Tilt-A-Whirl" boken sooc? I have never seen quite that look. Almost looks like it was done in post.

The effect is SOOC.

65mm (50mm lens with glass adapter and 1.3x crop factor)
1/2000 sec
f/2.8 (iirc)
ISO 100

What, you're moving to Seattle? Weather shock!

I'll be commuting from Puyallup. I moved here from CA in early 2011. The weather in Seattle is much the same as it is here in Puyallup, but I'll be a few blocks from Elliot Bay so more marine influence - yay!

Oh, I was thinking you were here, in San Jose area still! :D

;) Hmm.. maybe that's someone else? I lived in San Rafael and worked in SF from the 90's until recently, though. Perhaps I unwittingly gave the impression I lived in the South Bay. Lol..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back