First photos with my DSLR! Suggestion welcome, my body is ready.

sk8ting

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$DSC_0027.jpg$DSC_0028.jpg$DSC_0044.jpg$DSC_0049.jpg$DSC_0086.jpg$DSC_0050.jpg$DSC_0075.jpgBy suggestions I mean crit my photos.

17195397.jpg

Meme thread, yay!

I see where your trying to go with these images.

A few things to consider the next time you shoot:

-Your lens is sharper stopped down. Lenses aren't the sharpest when you use the minimum, or maximum aperture.
-Think about what you really want in the photo. You do indeed have a clear subject in most of the shots, however because of the framing, my eyes are drawn out of the image. In other words work on framing.
-Check your focus! Most of these shots are slightly out of focus. That or you have so much space around the subject, the subject seems out of focus.

Overall these look very snapshot-esque.

I do implore you to go out and continue shooting!

Alright I'll keep those things in mind today when I take some more shots. When you say "Stopped down" do you mean the aperture is open more? Kinda new to this whole photo lingo deal.

" "f4" id's the lens (it's max aperture", and "stoped down to f16" means to set it to f16.
The expression "stop" comes from past cameras with apertures that were opened/closed to preset metal tangs, or stops."

So in simple terms it means to adjust your aperture. If your lens allows you to shoot at 1.8, it's not going to be as sharp there. Compared to lets just say 3.5 for fun?

Last edited:
I see, so I should adjust my aperture down to say, f16, which would be stopping it down correct?

Congrats...sharing your happiness :D

Please don't post this way... always leave space between images... otherwise it affects one's viewing image without being interfered
I think possessing the new camera made you much humble ... that you remained bent for shooting these images ;)
i would like to see your other genre soon

All the Best :D

for me on the most basic level the background kills you having any really decent shots. just like your randomly taking photos in a parking lot. even in the reflections of the cars in the car your shoting. find you a car. take it out somewhere with a more appealing background.

for something like the shelby badge on the back, try to keep the whole badge in focus.

time of day. looks like these were taken in the middle of the day. try shooting cars either early morning, or just before sunset when the sun is allot lower and not as harsh.

keep practicing and they will improve. get some full car shots and more then just piece shots.

It's really tough to move these cars, seeing as I work at the Ford dealership and moving mustangs off the pads except for test drives is frowned upon. (trying to keep low miles on the car ect.). I'll try today to eliminate the parking lot reflection and background. But I don't think I'll be able to do it.

I might do some of my buddys 350z...only person I know with a cool car that I can use freely. Haha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back