First photos with new D80

EW1066

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got my D80 yesterday. Went out to play with it a little today. I havent shot with an SLR since.......1995. I was pretty heavy into photography when I got out of the Navy. I had taken an intelligence photography course and learned how to use an SLR the right way. Been a long time. Finaly took the plunge and went digital. I may retire my K1000 now. These are the best of the first batch. just a little PP with the software that came with the camera. Tell me what you think. Constructive criticism welcomed
1. razor wire fence

razorwire.jpg

retaining wall made from bags of concrete

concreteblocks.jpg

"snap shot" of blimp base hangar door supports

blimpbasehangardoortowers.jpg

small wooden bridge at a park near my home

bridge.jpg

Great shots!
Im guessing you used a prime lens?

Hmm...1 and 2 I would have no idea what it is if you hadn't of stated it. The focus point is so narrow and has so much around it, it is hard on my eyes. Same with #4 but not so much. 3 I love, it's really nice.

For the most part they could use a larger focal point/area. The blurring of the backgrounds is a good touch if in moderation. Keep at it though. What shutter speed did you use?

koirbiku:
thanks for the positive feed back

Jimmy:
I used the nikkor 55-200 lense. Like I said, this was the first outing with the camera. I'm still trying to learn its capabilities. I still havent even read the manual yet!!:D

Brad:
I was in apature priority mode so shutter speed varied. I fully understand your concern about the shallow depth of field. I felt the same way when I saw them. But these were the best of the day. They are also the first SLR shots Ive done in roughly 12 years. I never thought that the dof would be so shallow at 5.6....live and learn...again. The problem for me is that I keep looking at the top of the lense where the f setting is on a film slr and looking for the dof scale. Needless to say...it aint there.

Vince.

Most reactions

Back