First Photos

-darkblue

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im pretty new at this and here are some shots that I've taken in the past week.
Tell me what you think.

005-olympusc.jpg

004-olympusc.jpg

003-olympusc.jpg

002-olympusc.jpg

that guitar shot is really neat! very good perspective and the depth-of-field works very well. the lighting is killer too

the first two, to me, are kind of bland. nothing there that really inspires or makes me say "cool"

the candle shot has definite potential. if it was a little brighter and vivid, that would be good. but having a flame lit on it would be good. even better might be a flame that was just extinguished so a nice little trail of smoke is coming off of the wick

just my $.02

i agree, the guitar shot is very strong. the lighting is great in this photo as well as the DOF.

The first and last have potential but they seem kind of flat to me.

The bird is good but it has snapshot qualities, but it is a very pretty bird.

All in all the guitar is outstanding, great capture!!

Thanks for the feedback.
yeah the candle one seemed a lot brighter before I put it through photobucket.
I haven't really had a chance to get out and find interesting things to photograph so hopefully I'll do better on those :)

check to make sure your color profiles on your computer, programs, etc. are the same or very close. otherwise your pictures will sometimes be darker or brighter or have different hues when you export them

As mentioned, the guitar shot is the best. :thumbup: Think the light and dark regions are spot on.

Thanks for the feedback.
yeah the candle one seemed a lot brighter before I put it through photobucket.

Might be worth trying flickr, I believe the images aren't compressed as much as on photobucket.

Most reactions

Back