First Photoshoot! (I think its good)

[Dillz]

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dylanwhite.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my first photoshoot. I used my Nikon D60 with a standard 18-55mm Lens and also a ad-on wide angle lens.

I placed the best photos from the shoot in this Picasa Gallery.

if you want people to reply post pictures not links
(upload to a photo sharing site and embed it)

there look to be some good ones in there...
and some not so good ones. ;)

too many to comment on specifically.

pick your 4 faves and post em up here. :thumbup:

overall it looks like a successful shoot!

Had a quick look through them. Like someone else said there are some good shots and some not so good ones. What really impressed me though was your use of light and what looks to be natural light. There are 3 or 4 that the lighting really stands out to me in and make for, in my inexperienced opinion, fantastic shots.

Some good shots Dylan, and some very attractive models. I kind of liked some of the shots done with the add-on lens, but they all seemed to be a bit underexposed--it might help to add a bit of + exposure compensation when using the add-on wide angle lens attachment. I like its sort of Lensbaby-like imprint that it puts on its shots.

There were quite a few shots where your compositions were spoiled by framing the subject with too much top space, and cutting off the bottom of the frame too abruptly. That's the one mistake I see you made over and over. Otherwise, some of your shots and ideas were pretty good.

Thanks everyone for your comments! :) I know not every photo in the gallery is golden but hell, I did take 300 photos in one shoot haha
Here are some of my favorite photos for those of you who wont click on a link. :/

DSC_0532.jpg

DSC_0516.jpg

michelle%20stairs.jpg

%28120%20of%20315%29.jpg

l_eb90c9bbbfb74aeca8a9667f2fa38bec.jpg

l_8ddf28cb78af42ecb20f2067e4c6adc5.jpg

l_82c18797c0be4c6190ccc4b0925dbe32.jpg

l_1800126760534d2da929b487e51c674f.jpg

l_0c56b88139ee4e8689778fac7ce07765.jpg

if you want solid, useful critique, just us 3, 4 at MOST photos.. people don't have time to sit there and tell you whats wrong with all your photos.. also. its a good idea to put a space between each photo, and number them.. for easy reference (in #1 i like.. blah blah) etc

i like the faces you caught in #1 and #2, though 1 is too centered and 2 you cut off her shoulder (and the lighting is uneven between the two)...

those 2 are my favorite... the rest don't do much for me... (disclaimer: i like more of the candid type portrait shots than model-ish shots... and i guess if i see a model type shot i think they should be held to a higher standard for some reason lol)

sh!t man!!! im only a noob so my opinion is not amazing........but man they are great shots!! 1 is great as it capture the typical all american Dad (if he is american)....2 I love, kids give such great photos!! does it matter that there is sever shadow to the left of frame (i dunno, probably not)

3 looks like its from a magazine add, its awesome!!!

i wish i had someone to model for me.....ha ha ha!!

keep it up dude!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back