First photoshoot that doesn't involve a newborn. Feedback please!

PinkPoodle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I asked my friend if I could do a little shoot with her. Up until now I've only photographed my own family and newborns. Makeup done by me too~ :)

My friend's daughter is a very spirited little thing. I had some trouble with her skin tone as she has different skin tones. Her face was significantly different from her arms, and even her hands were different. I "tinkered" with her in photoshop but everything I did looked bad so I just kind of left it. The little one wouldn't stay still for even a second, so unfortunately the best photos we could get of her is when mom is holding her.

I wish we could have had a reflector....

1)
This is one where the little girl's skin tone is so different. I can't seem to figure out how to even her out.
Korren9_zps6ipzdac3.jpg

2)

Korren_zpslyahzolj.jpg

3)
One of the few pictures we could get this little one to be still for. I think it might be overexposed?? Cant figure out why the flower is so washed out. It is like that in the unedited photo as well.
Korren5_zpsfasxcmep.jpg

4) I hate that her sweater is the same color as the path. :( I'm sure theres a way to fix that in PS.
Korren4_zpsa46jkxmj.jpg

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to give me any feedback

These are very nice. I like the way you captured them looking so natural and relaxed. That seems to be something that is difficult for many new photographers to get right. I don't know anything about post processing so can't help you on the skin tones or sweater.

I like how natural they both look

I don't know if it's my computer or if this is what you're going for but the whites are really blinding. I like the pics a lot overall though. Nice job.

These look significantly overexposed to me. Luckily, pictures of pretty ladies and lasses is one of the very,very few subjects where this much overexposure does not just kill the pictures. I would try reducing the exposure in software, and if your software has a "recovery" tool, I would use that to hopefully recover some of the lost highlight detail.

Very nice and worth any recovery efforts or PS magic. . What software do you have?

Sorry, I see you have PS.

I agree, definitely blow out in a few places, but you can easily clean them up in post! They look very natural. Well done

These are very nice. I like the way you captured them looking so natural and relaxed. That seems to be something that is difficult for many new photographers to get right. I don't know anything about post processing so can't help you on the skin tones or sweater.

Thank you so much!

These look significantly overexposed to me. Luckily, pictures of pretty ladies and lasses is one of the very,very few subjects where this much overexposure does not just kill the pictures. I would try reducing the exposure in software, and if your software has a "recovery" tool, I would use that to hopefully recover some of the lost highlight detail.

Thanks so much!! I still have all of the unedited photos saved so I can make the needed adjustments. I really appreciate your feedback~ :)

Very nice and worth any recovery efforts or PS magic. . What software do you have?

Sorry, I see you have PS.
Thank you! I am still trying to learn all the ins and outs of PS. I'm sure I can find a Youtube video on it! lol

Most reactions

Back