First pic post C & C Please

crhennes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First ever pic post and looking for some C & C from everyone. Please be gentle as I am truely a newb at this and to photo software. I used Bibble 5 to tweak the picture a little. It was taken in Amish country in Ohio around one of their winery"s down there. It was taken with a Cannon 30D (not the newest I know) using a efs 18-55mm lens with a hood. Tried really hard to get him to look at me for the photo.

$040211_7_2.jpg

It looks oof to me. it would be more insteresting IMO if you go really low and shoot up at it.

This is a snapshot.

Out of focus, subject is centered, very little going on.

Next time try something like this,

Make sure if your going to focus you do so on the subject, as it looks like its a bit off.
Neal down, very rarely should you have stand at normal height and take a picture
google rule of thirds for photography (i would have put the head in the bottom right intersection)
Try to get as close as you can but i can understand seeing an animal of that size and horns like that you would be a bit skeptical.
Lastly, I would have taken 5-6 big steps to the right and zoom in as far as i could.

I am afraid I have to agree with others, the image is just a little fuzzy and the animal is dead-centred (well almost) - follow up on the suggestion about "rule of thirds". It may be possible that some of the fuzziness is an artefact of "shrinking" the image to get it to a size that you can post on the web - don't know. Parts of the background seem to have a pinkish tinge to them - not sure why this is so. It is too bad that he wouldn't look at you, because one of the more important aspects of animal photography - domestic or wild - is to catch the eye and have it in sharp focus. This is a good start, keep on trying - try different angles, different backgrounds - you could almost make a "project" out of following this animal around for an hour or so, provided he isn't bothered too much by your presence and seeing what type of images you could capture - head on, head up would be great...try getting down to his level as well, and maybe see if you can blur out the background with a different aperture - just a suggestion.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Thanks everyone for the input. Like you said I will keep at it and do better. I have been doing nothing but read about photography. Going to go out and see what I can do!

Most reactions

Back