First pics with new camera

ozjeep

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures taken with my new Nikon D40. Let me know how you guys feel about them and how I could do better.

ILA00011_1.jpg

DSC_00980001.jpg

DSC_00700001.jpg

they're not bad, i dont like the last one because it just seems kind of boring, i like the first one, and the second one reminds me of something you'd see in a phtoography class

pretty cool - you just need to correct your composition a bit :

1. when you have shadows, make sure you take their full lengths. some shadow got cut in your first photograph.

2. for constructions, sculptures and objects, consider taking diagonal relations - for the bench I would have shifted my camera a teensie bit to the left to make the bench start from the edge of the frame. same for the bridge. (see my editions.. hope you dont mind me doing these...)

btw :

(a) your bridge is a bit underexposed I guess.
(b) have you considered having subjects in your pictures ? man/couple walking down the far end of the bridge for instance ?

the bench you took is looking like a block of wood all of a sudden. look around yourself when you're shooting. think, the bench would look a lot nicer if you placed a rose or a maple leaf (or some complementing natural object from the surrounding) at its far end.

if you want to portray loneliness (as my mind tells me from your photographs), this little sway would tremendously enhance your pictures ! sepia toning the third picture was a great idea.

very well done till now, please let us know when you have more photographs !

greetings :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

Most reactions

Back