First Pics

Kirst

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I hope that I am doing this right. I am new photography and don't have the best camera but it does the job. Tell what you think.

Thepinkrose.jpg

Latest030.jpg

Latest014.jpg

Latest024.jpg

These were taken with a Pentax optio S30

Nice subject selection- keep at it!

Some a took today. With no flash and on a different setting. What do you think?

Daisy4.jpg

IMGP2157.jpg

IMGP2156.jpg

IMGP2145.jpg

like the first one, its in focus and has sharp detail.

the last one, isnt in focus... shame.

the camera uses the metering spot in the middle of the viewfinder to focus... im guessing that the spot was just between the flowers... on the leaf

if you look the leaf is in focus and sharp, but the petals on the flower are a little blurred.

Thanks, I see that now. I'll keep at it.

The main objects of interest in 1 & 4 are underexposed because the lighter backgrounds are affecting the meter too much.
The main objects of interest in 2 & 3 have blown out highlights.

You need to spend more time on actually looking at the pictures you have taken in a critical way before you post them.

for someone who is new to photography and is using a compact camera I think you've done pretty well

keep taking the pics and remember you can only get better and better

IMGP2198.jpg

here is one I took this afternoon. What do you think? Thank you, to those who have commented on newbie photos. I will be practising as much as i can and will be saving for a bigger and better camera. I have found a few a like but at the moment financially that won't be happening.

like the last shot, but try it again without cutting the top of the flower off.

yea like that last one... very well done with a compact :)

a clear flower with blurred out background.

i think you have a good eye for a photograph... keep up the good work :D

You need to spend more time on actually looking at the pictures you have taken in a critical way before you post them.

I don't really find that to be a very fair thing to say to someone who is brand new to photography. Not everyone instantly has an 'eye'....it takes time to develop it.

That being said, I don't think you are off to a bad start, Kirst, but you have a lot of learning to do. Start reading up on composition and lighting, and consciously think about these things before you take each picture. Read through these galleries, and read through the critiques of other pictures....you pic up a lot that way.

Moved to a new thread

Bump up for C & C

Kirst, sorry to be so bland, but I can't make myself to always click on the links provided.
You are using Photobucket, so direct linking is possible (see your first post).
Choose the third of the three lines given, the one that says IMG-code, and copy THAT to be pasted in here, so your photos will SHOW.

You will find that you get more responses when the photos just show.

And you are invited to start new threads when you post new sets of photos, too. Often those who have once been to a thread don't return because they don't expect any new pics to show, and don't bother to read through everyone else's responses... See?

Oh ok. Sorry just very new all to this. Having a bit of sad day, so sorry if i take this a little to hard. I will go back those change now.

Most reactions

Back