What's new

First pictrues

maarstad

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 14, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi, I’m a 15 years old boy from Norway. Since I’m new here I taught I should show you some pictures that mean a lot to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first picture is a studio picture of my friend Martine captured when i was 14 years. This picture was my first picture ever, with an dSLR camera.
Its shot with a Canon EOS 1D Mark II camera and a Canon EF 16-35 2.8 L USM lens.
I used a white studio background and had two flashes with soft boxes in front and 4 flashes in the roof lightning up the background.

martine.jpg

Exif:
Shutter speed: 1/20 sec
Aperture: f/22
ISO: 200
Focal length: 35 mm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second picture I want to show you is the picture I get most brag for. It has for example won the competition “en tur på byen” at www.photosight.org. The picture is captured in Oslo with a Canon EOS 20D and a Sigma 18-50MM F3.5-5.6 DC lens.

cross.jpg

Exif:
Shutter speed: 1/250 sec
Aperture: f/8
ISO: 200
Focal length: 18 mm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both pictures are edited in Adobe Photoshop CS2.
If you want to se more of my pictures you are welcome to visit
my personal portfolio http://maarstad.foto.no (in norwegian).

Enjoy!
 
Firstly, welcome to the forum.

I really like you pictures.. But that second one confuses me..Looks like a toy!! I guess that could be a good thing!!
 
Welcome to the forum,

Both photos are great.

If you don't mind my asking, how are you so lucky to have access to all that great gear at such a young age?
 
Holy moly. Great shots. Welcome to the forum.
 
Answer to Big Mike: The 1D Mark II and the 16-35 lens I borrowed from a photographer I know in VG, Norway’s largest newspaper, where I also borrowed the studio.

The 20D is my own, bought after I tried the 1D Mark II – I really had to get into photography. The Sigma lens is no changed with a Canon EF 24-70 2.8 L USM lens.

Answer to Nitefly: The picture is meant to be like that. I used the blur tool in Photoshop to make a fake DOF and tried to make it look like it was a toy world. I thinks it looks like a poster for a clothes or car brand, or something.

To everybody else: Thank you….
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom