I didn't like the shot, the angle, the background, or actually anything else about the photo, except I thought the color was pretty good.
I took the one post where the poster said taking photo's of anyone's art (not excatly a quote but close) didn't count.
Tell you what, if, when I was in the Museum at Cairo, and IF they would have allowed me to take photo's, or even bring in a camera, I would have been more than happy to take shot's of "someone else's art". That was one of, in my opinion, the most (looking for a nice word for it), well "stupid" comes to mind, pieces of info or critique, I've ever read on this site. Now the OP didn't exactly capture a photo of "antiquity", but art is art, and taking a photo of "art", is, not exactly out of bounds, as far as I'm concerned.
As for the rest of you, well, you just critiqued the photo, which in my assessment, you all hit it pretty much right on. I just thought it was odd, that an individual who considers him/herself a photographer, would trash someone for taking a picture of "art".
BJ, BT, and the rest of you stuck with straight up photographic/technical cirtique, and I think that was really helpful to the OP. Just didn't want the OP to listen to some ludicrous advice given by someone, which might just be enough to push them into giving up on the hobby and maybe latter the profession, depending on their goals.
J.:mrgreen: