First picture taken with Nikon D90

say_cheeese!

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, have just bought my very first DSLR, i got the Nikon D90. Here is the first picture I took. Any advice regarding lighting, Post processing etc??? I am completely new to photography so dont hold back but dont get too technical please! :D

002.jpg

Welcome to the forum. Cute kids! There is so much to learn here. Congrats on your new camera. When budget allows consider a speedlight, it opens up WORLDS of potential with flash photography. Especially since the D90 has wireless capabilities :)

First pic you took and you had the sense to use flash- oh wait-
"Exposure Mode = auto exposure (0)"

:(

Congrats on the camera, you got a VERY nice one there. Read the manual. I see you had the ISO at 800 (or rather the camera did) and that's a little high. Basically, just be willing to grow and do your reading. The photo you took is a bit like a snapshot (which just means it looks spur of the moment, not thought out) but his eyes are in focus too. The depth of field is fun to play with but between the face she's making and her being out of focus in the background gives some negative vibes. Not on purpose but that's why you plan/think shots out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back