Hello

I'd love to receive some C&C on the below photos. I'm trying to work right now on getting the exposure right and learning how ISO, aperture, and shutter speed all work together. I know these aren't the most interesting subjects you've ever seen and there are probably composition problems, but I'm trying to get good in one area at a time!
I think that's a really good idea. I've done the same. For months I took pictures of all the usual, mundane stuff with my DSLR. Less concerned about composition, I explored exposure, different types of metering and creative use of over- and underexposure. I explored DOF, selective focus and just plain ol' sharp focus. As I gained a better understanding of exposure I've moved on to study of the Zone System and it's application in my own B&W film photography. Much of my recent work has been more about natural lighting "problems" and interprative exposure.
Once I had a good grasp of the basics I put much more thought into composition. The subjects were often the mundane (read boring) but they were learning exercises and not much more.
I have found this approach to work really well. I understand my cameras, both the DSLR and the film, very well and can take really good snapshots for family occasions, etc. My more recent focus has become fine art B&W and I'm finding that a good grasp of the technical has allowed me to concentrate on the creative.
Sorry for the diversion but I wanted to offer my own affirmation for your approach to photography.
My take on your photos:
#1- I suppose it depends on your intent for the image but I think the exposure is pretty good, if only slightly underexposed. Without knowing the paper's literal "whiteness" it looks a little gray. The sunlit window isn't blown out and you can still see some detail. Depending on your intent that may not be a good thing. Slightly more exposure could brighten the window and wash out the detail while making the paper brighter. Like I said, it depends on your visualization for the image. Of course you can always burn/dodge to your liking in PP or the darkroom.
#2- On my monitor the colors appear flat and the snow is on the gray side. Perhaps expose a tad more? Also appears soft around the eyes. It's hard to tell but it looks like the focus is on the rim of the glasses.
Keep at it.