First planes, now cars

phototard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was hanging out with some friends and we decided to go take some pictures on top of a parking garage. Well we didn't get there til pretty late so I didn't have much light to work with but I think they are ok. Here are a couple, very few came out well enough to even show. PLEASE give me pointers or hints for these low light situations.

DSC_0599.jpg

In this one and the one above I would wonder if editing out the black thing on the edge of the garage would improve the picture.
DSC_0601.jpg

and the last.
DSC_0615.jpg

Let me know what you think. All comments welcomd, good and bad

Good first attempt. A tripod is a must for low light shooting. That would help get your shots a little sharper. Other then that i would suggest tighter crops on the last two. And the brake lights are causing a pink hue on the 2nd shot, that is a little distracting. Nice cars BTW :thumbup:

yeah, did you use a tripod? Also what was your ISO? the first one i noticed looked "grainy". With a tripod, you could drop your ISO to get a sharper image.

It doesn't look to me like a flash was used in the last picture. And according to the exif the ISO was 1600, 1400, and 200.

The last one is the best picture. The first two look a little underexposed and because of the ISO, grainy.

It doesn't look to me like a flash was used in the last picture. And according to the exif the ISO was 1600, 1400, and 200.

The last one is the best picture. The first two look a little underexposed and because of the ISO, grainy.

How is it dark on top of car and lit up in front if a flash was not used. I go to a weekly VW gathering and I get these same issues.

If you want to achieve great shots in low lit results pickup some remote triggers and some Sunpak 383s. You can place them around the cars and get some damn good results.

50mm f/1.8 is excellent for this scenario as well. What's your equipment now?

thanks for the help and hints. I didn't use a flash on any of the photos and I did use a tripod. I didn't try the timer method which I think I will next time.

My current equipment is a nikon d40 and I used the 18-55mm lense that came with it in these photos. borrowed a friends tripod who was there.

Also thanks for the compliments on the cars! Mine is the bugeye in front with the front mount.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back