first play with Kiron Manual lens

JohnYoung

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.johnyoung.co
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got a Kiron 80-200 F4 manual lens off ebay cheap and so far I am very impressed with it. Yeah it takes a little getting used to manual focusing but the focus has got some nice resistance behind it so making it easier to get the focus right.

The lens itself is a thing of beauty, well made (metal) and the front and rear glass are spotless.. its like brand new

Anyway for anyone interested here is one sample and a 100% crop. The photos have not been edited at all apart from resizing for the forum. These were taken at 1000 iso so maybe some grain there to. These were taken wide open for the lens at F4

kiron_sample.jpg

Its sharp enough to see the dust on there :D
kiron_sample_100rop.jpg

Nice... Kiron were really nice lenses back in the day and it looks like they still are. You made this old goat chuckle when you said manual focusing takes a bit of getting used to. When those lenses were big, auto focusing was the oddity.

Got some chromatic aberration on the cropped shot to. Magenta around the bottom edge and green around the top edge

Nice... Kiron were really nice lenses back in the day and it looks like they still are. You made this old goat chuckle when you said manual focusing takes a bit of getting used to. When those lenses were big, auto focusing was the oddity.

*LOL* Yeah when I first started in photography (Zenith TTL) it was all manual focus to but its just strange to use it now.... but also oddly relaxing for some reason, maybe because its all slowed a bit

Got some chromatic aberration on the cropped shot to. Magenta around the bottom edge and green around the top edge

Yeah I see that, I never edited the photo at all so easily removed I reckon if I did

Not going to complain for £20

Most reactions

Back