First Portrait Session (x10)

Skin tone is too orange, most pictures seem out of focus, especially 10.

Quite the overstatement.

But that aside, I chose the pose because I uhh, don't think it's one of the worst inventions ever.

I was hoping for a more detailed reply, but that is fine if you disagree. My reply is certainly a matter of personal taste. I feel that the holding the tree pose has been done a million times before. Maybe take a couple of minutes and find out what the subject is interested in and what he would like to convey. I think that Senior portraits and portraits in general need to convey a sense of personality. Senior portraits should convey something about the subjects future endeavors. In this particular case I think the photos are more about the trees and the wooded setting then anything else.

Love & Bass

I was hoping for a more detailed reply, but that is fine if you disagree. My reply is certainly a matter of personal taste. I feel that the holding the tree pose has been done a million times before. Maybe take a couple of minutes and find out what the subject is interested in and what he would like to convey. I think that Senior portraits and portraits in general need to convey a sense of personality. Senior portraits should convey something about the subjects future endeavors. In this particular case I think the photos are more about the trees and the wooded setting then anything else.

Love & Bass

Craig, you're right, my reply was a bit too short. My bad.

The client is one of my friends and he is a very outdoorsy type person and he wanted a wooded environment for his shots. I realize that the tree pose is very cliche and I would usually try and steer away from it a bit, but it is what the client wanted. Haha.

This has nothing to do with the colour or process, but I would sugest reading or taking a class on posing people.
The one thing about the entire set I think your subject looks stiff and uncomfortable.

It is something that takes time to learn, but even a perfect exposed photo can be wrecked by bad posing.

This has nothing to do with the colour or process, but I would sugest reading or taking a class on posing people.
The one thing about the entire set I think your subject looks stiff and uncomfortable.

It is something that takes time to learn, but even a perfect exposed photo can be wrecked by bad posing.

Fair enough.

To my defense, I did extensively try and get the subject to chill out a bit; but he's always like that. Even when he's totally relaxed, he stands in a very stiff way, very tense looking. I mean, I'm sure I could have done a better job myself, but it wasn't a lack of some sort of attempt on my part. I mean, I have tons of classes with him, and that's how he always was. Haha.

Most reactions

Back