First portraits,C&C Please

vtf

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well ok, I took a step from spiders and flowers and tried people. The following were shot f4, 400 iso, 1/200s, natural lighting only from right side and some pp from RAW. I used a 35-85mm lens on my canon rebel. I'm not happy with the background but its my first, I have since updated it. I need to know opinions from others as these 2 "Love" their shots. I do know I have a ways to go.
Carol20.jpg

Brian11.jpg

Brian20.jpg

Brian5.jpg

They're not bad shots from what you had to work with, and there are a few ways that post processing images can help. I use lightroom to process photos and it does some very neat things and also catalogs your images.

I took a few of your photos and applied a few tweaks, one more heavily than the other.

Carol's photo involved a little cropping, vibrance boosting, saturation reducing, and clarity adjustment.

357niit.jpg

Brian involved a bit more, but nothing really difficult.

25fueex.jpg

Thanks O hey tyler, I'm still learning to work with PSE, I definately like the idea on the second one you did. I'm not sure about Carols but do know theres alot of tan tonage in it.

wb seems off to me. where you using awb?

I found shortly after taking this shoot that the wb was on custom. I switched to auto since then but I also shoot in RAW so the wb can be adjusted manually.

bumpity, bumpity, bump

Most reactions

New Topics

Back