PaddyX21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ghostconnections.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I have only recently taken an interest in photography after seeing some amazing pics a friend of mine took. For the moment at least i am limited to the use of my compact digital Nikon Coolpix 3100, which is reasonably flexable but doesn't excel in any area. Will start with a few of the photos that i like, and any help or advice will be most welcome!

Butterfly800x600.jpg

Spiderresize76K.jpg

HunstantonNorfolk13Aug05800x600.jpg

I enjoy taking the bug picture, but the macro mode on the camera is hardly brilliant

What do you think?

Cheers
Paddy

Yeah macro functions on those types of cameras never are great, I have a similar type but Fuji. If you practice a bit more you could nail the spider shot as it seems a bit out of focus. You must have been quite close to that butterfly/moth, did it not fly away?

Nice shots.

Yeah i had to get right upto the butterfly, took me many attempts! After a whole afternoon i only managed 2 shots of which that is the better.

Because of the limitations of the camera i was having real trouble focusing on the spider, as the camera just wasn't seeing it. I had to focus on my hand at an apropriate distance first, hold that focus, and move the camera to get the focus on the spider :s Far from ideal!

Thanks for the feedback
Paddy

The moth and sun picture are great...

Steve :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back