First Post!! C&C please!

psilentrain1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my first post and I would like some critique.

Me and my fiance decided to go out to the park and take some pics..this is a few of the many we took that day.

This pics are unprocessed...no post. What am I doing wrong? What am I doing right? Is there anything I can do better? Please critique composition, DoF, focus, etc.Any tips would also be great!
Thank you!

[couldn't get my images to post...here are links!]
IMG_0673 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_0683 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_0693 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
IMG_0710 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

just click share on the flickr picture and go down to bbcode... copy and paste into your thread and bam your done :) A lot of folks on here won't click on links b/c it could give their comps viruses. just a heads up :)

What kind of camera are you using? It helps to also give the exif data. shutter speed, aperture, and iso.

So just my 2cents worth. I think your backgrounds are way way way to busy. This woman has a beautiful smile but your photos are so busy that your eye just jumps from thing to thing to thing. In #1 I was immediately drawn to the sign behind her, in the 2nd one I was drawn to the garbage can first then her, #3 there is a bush growing out of her head I saw her but REALLY saw the bush and water way my eyes stayed on that longer #4 which I think is the best outta the bunch as far as your backgrounds go and your depth of field but it still looks like there is a tree branch growing out of the side of her head :)

Not bad lets see what others have to say :) Keep shooting :)

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the comments RebeccaAPhotography!! Also, thank you for the tips on posting!! Cant wait to get shooting!

not bad, 3 would have been better centered

I don't know about that. Centering is usually a big no-no in photography because it creates a static composition.

I think in #2 she should have leaned against the right side of the handrail because by doing that, the metal barrel trash can, the weeds coming out of the sidewalk crack, the facility building could have possibly been obscured more. Pay attention to unsightly background objects like that. You can edit things like that out, but it's always best if you get everything as close to perfect as you can straight from the camera.

I like #4. #1 kind of has too much going on behind her in my taste.

Last edited:
what kind of camera and equipment do you have? Do you have any editing software?

I'm using a Canon EOS 1100D (Rebel T3). These pictures were taken with the kit 18-55, but since then, I've purchased a Sigma 50-200.. (and I've got a bunch of stuff waiting under the tree for me from ME! lol) As far as software, I use GIMP. One day I'll be able to afford Photoshop..lol :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back