What's new

First Post, Comments Wanted

drken

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Somewhat new to digital photography and I've been taking phots from my balcony for a few months now. I'm planning to buy a 24" iMac and PS C3 with my tax refund, until then I'm using DPP on my PC laptop. All these photos were taken with my 70-200 lens. I figured a great way to learn was to post some of my photos and let the more experienced people here let me know what I did wrong/right. So, here goes:

ubcbostongz2.jpg


rtc145iz6.jpg


jcsunsetgy6.jpg
 
The first image looks a bit washed out to me.
It would be really nice to get some color in the water and a little more contrast.

The second image seems better exposed to me, personally. Although I think the darkness of the ship really detracts from the rest of the image.

The third image is by far my favorite. I love the colors and the slight glimmer of light from the city.
 
ok for my opinion...

#1. Nice composition, needs the "levels" tweaked in photoshop to kill off the haze (would a UV filter help? anyone)

ubcbostongz2.jpg


#2. is so so - I don't really have an opinion.


#3. is lovely. But I cropped more to the typical rule of turds. Probably would go to a 100 x 30 panorama aspect if it was my shot.

jcsunsetgy6.jpg



good work, thanks for sharing and I look forward to more :thumbup::thumbup:
 
oh by the way... is it Hong Kong?

ya know where King Kong (my hero) lives?
 
oh by the way... is it Hong Kong?

ya know where King Kong (my hero) lives?

Nope, it's New York. Although the sunset picture is of Jersey City.
 
nossie said:
the typical rule of turds.

:lol:

I hadn't seen that last time I looked.

I know a couple people who would like that name change to be permanent.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom