First post ever!

JTPotter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How do I post pic's for c&c?
My "posting permissions" say, in part, "You may not post attachments".
Thanks

Last edited:
THAT was funny.

JT if you still have problems after reading the sticky topic, please post the specific issues and we'll try to help.

I agree that was funny!
Buttt... I did read it before posting. I may not be the brightest bulb in the box, but what I saw in the "sticky" isn't what I see on my screen.
Is it possible I don't have permission to post an attachment?
Thanks

The idea is not to post an attachment, the idea is to post a link. You have to upload the photo to another site like Flickr, Photobucket, or Picasa first. Have you done that already?

Upload the photo somewhere else. Click the Image icon above the reply box. Click the 'From URL' tab. Enter or paste the address of the photo you uploaded. Uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" and press [Ok]

You may have to have 5 posts too.

NikonME said:
You may have to have 5 posts too.

A lot of people say that but I've seen plenty of "first posts" with images linked. The 5-post rule may be for people that pay to be a subscriber to the site, because those people ARE allowed to host their photos on the site and attach them to posts.

If I recall correctly, when I joined I couldn't link a photo either until I made 5 posts. I also recall a couple others since me that needed to make 5 posts to link photos.

Well, I think I'm up to four posts now!
I'll try a flickr account, thanks for your help folks.

Last edited:
You can hyperlink to a photo I imagine, just not directly link your photo...if that makes sense. Hopefully the sticky was updated since the redesign of the site.

lol...nope.

addpicTPF.jpg

Ok, click the add picture icon in the toolbar, select the URL tab, uncheck the box that says "retrieve remote files and reference locally", add your direct link in the URL , and click OK.

Ok, click the add picture icon in the toolbar, select the URL tab, uncheck the box that says "retrieve remote files and reference locally", add your direct link in the URL , and click OK.

I posted that back in post #6. ;)

Hmm didnt see that, lol.......BUT you didnt add a picture! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back