What's new

First post from Myanmar 2013 trip - Monk reading

The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Joined
Dec 11, 2006
Messages
18,743
Reaction score
8,049
Location
Mid-Atlantic US
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Spend 23 hours in transit (21 on plane) and suffering badly from jet lag

Outside of Nyaung Schwe, monk reading

p1450319558-5.jpg
 
I could see this in National Geographic.

Good work.

p.s. he was reading Twilight wasn't he?
 
Very nice...just looks a little deep
 
Lew, will you be writing up a blog post on your trip? I can't wait to hear about it. Very nice shot.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #6
thanks all.
this does need a bit more work but I am so very deeply jet-lagged (11.5 hour time difference) I don't trust myself to do anything even a bit subtle.
We (my three companions) had some unbelievably great experiences, like being ferried in a dugout canoe on a river that ran through a cave into a hidden lake.
I have about 8 titles for blog posts that I will try to write as a series. Right this moment, having woken up from an afternoon nap of 4 hours, I can barely speak.
 
Looking forward to reading them, Lew.
 
I like this a lot, but the appliance doesn't work for me. I get the idea of showing the clash of traditional and modern, but the gadget just seems annoying to me, perhaps just because I can't tell what it is, or because it is such a small part of the frame. I'd be inclined to crop that side and stick with the wonderful lighting, color and mood of the rest of it, but that's probably just me.
 
I like this a lot, but the appliance doesn't work for me. I get the idea of showing the clash of traditional and modern, but the gadget just seems annoying to me, perhaps just because I can't tell what it is, or because it is such a small part of the frame. I'd be inclined to crop that side and stick with the wonderful lighting, color and mood of the rest of it, but that's probably just me.

????????????
misplaced?

Lew, will you be writing up a blog post on your trip? I can't wait to hear about it. Very nice shot.

I am planning a blog post entitled 'Eating, drinking, peeing and pooping - the saga of tourism in Southeast Asia.'
The water is not potable, except in higher end restaurants and so a tourist has to rely on bottled water, stay away from uncooked veggies and be careful with toothbrushes and showering.
Asian 'spicy' food starts at a level on the Scoville scale that is considered a second degree burn in the West.
Then there is the toilet situation; a delicate problem not to be expounded on here.


But it is an adventure and sights not to be missed.


Here is my list of planned blog posts on non travel topics


Burma is disappearing and Myanmar is replacing it.
Eating, drinking, peeing and pooping - the saga of tourism in Southeast Asia.
Butts of Burma- why the people of Myanmar don't have back problems
The Nicest People on Earth
Being White in the East
Modesty


plus

Sights of Mandalay
The Stilt-houses of the Intha People and their Workshops on Inle Lake
The mystery of the worst and most expensive town in Myanmar
A River under the Mountain - the Sandar Cave
Street Faces of Myanmar

All will be done over the next couple of months on my blog and I'll put a link in my sig as they go up if anyone cares to read them.

And, I'm damn jealous that mishele is a mod but, if that means she carries a whip and wears leather............
 
I like this a lot, but the appliance doesn't work for me. I get the idea of showing the clash of traditional and modern, but the gadget just seems annoying to me, perhaps just because I can't tell what it is, or because it is such a small part of the frame. I'd be inclined to crop that side and stick with the wonderful lighting, color and mood of the rest of it, but that's probably just me.

????????????
misplaced?

No, the appliance/gadget I'm referring to is that white thing next to the table, the one someone else guessed was an "electric kettle."
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom