First post to the forum

BradleyF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm really just learning photography and am hoping to take more "quality" photos in future as I get better. Here's one I took yesterday out in the front yard. Not the best compared to some of the photos I've seen on here but I thought it turned out "Ok". She's 9 years old and getting lazier as the years go by.

DSC01936-1.jpg

Hi Mark - be aware where your focal point is when shooting because in this photo it is further back than the dog's face which I would have thought should have been the main focal area.

Welcome to ThePhotoForum, Bradley.

At first sight I see ONE really good thing about your photo here: you put yourself on your dog's level! Good.

The technical flaws - more so since you allow for them to be pointed out to you in posting your photo to this forum - will soon disappear ... no more from this particular photo, as you can't change a missed focus, but on your future ones! Yes, focus slipped to your dog's ears, when it ought to have been on his eyes. And I deplore the fact that his front paws have been "chopped off": either include them or go even closer and make more of a portrait of your pet, I think.
AND you might want to avoid light as harsh as it was for you yesterday in the future... makes exposure quite, quite difficult to handle.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back