First Post

RuthieC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just found this forum and it looks like such a great place to learn.
These are photos of my daughter at the park the other day. CC welcome and appreciated.
TFL

8598bweb.jpg

8586bweb.jpg

8589bweb.jpg

wow..are they that bad that no one wants to comment? lol

I LOVE them... ruthie id get used to it here.. there are hardly ever any comments, especially when your pretty new.. (im new as well).

Your photos are superb!

i learned sometimes to take the forums silence as: theyre good.

if they were bad, you would have been told by now, trust me. bad photos get alot more attention here (sadly) then alot of the better ones. these are nice.

Thanks ...that makes me feel a lot better..lol :)

I just found this forum and it looks like such a great place to learn.
These are photos of my daughter at the park the other day. CC welcome and appreciated.
TFL

8598bweb.jpg

8586bweb.jpg

8589bweb.jpg
Hi RuthieMae
Welcome to TPF...
Hmmm - well I dunno about "silence" meaning yr pics are good... That's like saying if someone ignores you, they must like you..??
1st - she's cute! (obligatory comment - mums love it when you say this)
2nd - she's centred in all these pictures - apply the rules of Comp
3rd - I see lots of "bright" areas - not just in the BG, also on her face, hair and hat - and in #3 on her moo-bear...
4th - I personally find the BG in 1 & 2 too distracting/busy
Would be nice to see SOOC (colour) - you'd get more useful C&C from that than from PP B&W...
Improve your comp skills, and be more selective with your BG, and you will get closer to making good portraits..
Just me - but I'm not all that keen on B&W/sepia/x-proc/texture... unless it is already a knock-out, technically faultless image that would benefit (from an art POV)...
Jedo

Cute photos, I love the one with the cow. Would like to see them in color though. But that's just me not much of and B/W photo guy.

all very nice shots
#1 is my favorite - i love it when small kids fidget with their hands in shots - just seems more childlike that way to me

I agree with some of the others, I would love to see them in color. That said, I think they are good, #1 being my favorite.

I think they're quite nice. I especially enjoy the b&w post-processing you did on the photos. Do you mind sharing what exactly you did in order to get that really smooth, high contrast look?

Thanks everyone for the comments and cc..Here's the color versions :)

Jamesino..I just used an action that someone shared on these and tweaked the contrast a little.

8586web.jpg

8589web.jpg

8598web.jpg

Wow nice...umm any chance you could send me the actions?

Thank you Patti!

Jamesino..I'm not sure if there's a way to send personal messages on here or not...so if you want to send me an email at my web site then I'll send u a link to get the actions. We were asked not to reshare them but you can get them yourself through the link.

Most reactions

Back