I would lower the greens in the edited version. They're popping out and taking away from the overall image.
A proper exposure is hard to get in this scene due to the top 1/3 being white. If you try to get the picture to look good up there, you get an underexposed bottom and the opposite happens if you attempt the opposite. I would duplicate the image, fix the bottom while keeping the top part untouched and then sandwiching them both.
Composition-wise, I like it. The river makes a nice line right through the image, leading my eyes to the right mountains, then to the left ones, then to the rocks, and back to the river. Always nice to keep your viewers' eyes moving.
I recommend taking a longer exposure (not sure if you can do it with your G10) to get the water to have that nice dreamy look to it.