first posts, first pics

bsadi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ok, so i'm only really getting into photography, my first post on this site also. rate these pics of 10, and sorry if the picture's aren't crispy clear or anything, i'm only using a canon powershot SD630, so no DSLR for me yet.

IMG_0687.jpg

baseball bat

IMG_0682.jpg

ski bindings

digitals007.jpg

bike grips

digitals118-1.jpg

rusty broken basketball hoop

digitals119.jpg

broken basketball hoop, again

digitals009.jpg

bmx gyro system

sorry for the amount of pictures aha

i'm seeing a take a shallow DOF photo down a long object pattern going on... haha
not bad, but not really all that interesting i guess, looks like you might want to pursue macro a little?

yeah i do, definitely one of my passions.
i like taking pictures of still life and nature though too. i like taking pics of people also, but it's kind of hard to find a model when you're a 16 year old boy... aha

One of the problems I am having with these images is you are using shch a shallow DOF and making the focal point too far down the subject and also not getting a fine enough focus on them (most predominately the handle grip)

Also the ski bindings and bat are out of place, they don't really make a set with the rest like the bike components.

Take a few minuets and manually focus on a point much closer to the camera lens.

Hard to find models when you're a 16 year old boy?
I'm 18...I've never had a problem. The only "problem" is the girlfriend doesn't really approve of having girls slut it up in front of my camera.

You'd be surprised how easily you can get a girl in front of a lens. They love it. Girls hear the word "model" in any context and they are all over it. Swimsuits...underwear...whatever man. Highschool and college girls just want attention. Give it to them.

This is assuming you don't come off as a creep, normally...and you're well groomed.

Hard to find models when you're a 16 year old boy?
I'm 18...I've never had a problem. The only "problem" is the girlfriend doesn't really approve of having girls slut it up in front of my camera.

You'd be surprised how easily you can get a girl in front of a lens. They love it. Girls hear the word "model" in any context and they are all over it. Swimsuits...underwear...whatever man. Highschool and college girls just want attention. Give it to them.

This is assuming you don't come off as a creep, normally...and you're well groomed.

He is likely gonna need more than a P-Shooter though. Once he gets a dSLR or even an SLR he should be good to go.

*Further note I forgot the camera info when I made my previous post.....

Most reactions

Back