my first pictures with my D5200!! :-)

philipgonzales3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First of all I have never even owned a point and shoot digital camera before but i'm on my 2nd day with this camera and I'm impressed. I know most of these pictures would go straight in the trash can for many of you, but for the amount of effort (fairly little so far) I am impressed with the results. I can't wait to continue to improve at taking pictures.
All the aquarium shots are done with only the stock lights on top and ambient light coming in the room. Taken incorrectly pretty much, but it's my starting point and I am already happy with how well the pictures. Look. Don't mind the small white dots as I had did a water change today.
He was yawning lol. I kind of missed the yawn but, maybe next time.

Untitled by philipgonzales3, on Flickr

My first attempt at taking some pics of flowers. Lol I think they look better here than they do in real life. Lol

Oh yea feel free to offer any advice as I am here to learn, but also keep in mind that I did not spend much time at all preparing these scenes, I was basically playing with the settings and just trying ti figure out the basics, like how the heck do you turn this thing on and which way do you hold it! Lol.

Very nice.. looks like your off to a flying start already. Sorry, I really thought about saying it looked like things were going "swimmingly" but that was too corny even for me.. lol

I really like the second one with the blue fish to the left on the rule of thirds line. It is pretty cool!

Hehe swimmingly, I like it. And thanks, that is also one of my favorites. I also was even able to get a decent shot of my albino fry (baby fish) that this fish is the daddy of. And the fry is less than a quarter of an inch big. I have 23 Cichlids in that tank, so I'll have to get them to line up for me for a nice group photo!! Lol.

The fourth is pretty good. Welcome to the world of the Evil Black Camera!

Those turned out great for a first go! I have a hell of a time getting shots of my guppies.

First of all I have never even owned a point and shoot digital camera before but i'm on my 2nd day with this camera and I'm impressed. I know most of these pictures would go straight in the trash can for many of you, but for the amount of effort (fairly little so far) I am impressed with the results. I can't wait to continue to improve at taking pictures.
All the aquarium shots are done with only the stock lights on top and ambient light coming in the room. Taken incorrectly pretty much, but it's my starting point and I am already happy with how well the pictures. Look. Don't mind the small white dots as I had did a water change today.
He was yawning lol. I kind of missed the yawn but, maybe next time.

My first attempt at taking some pics of flowers. Lol I think they look better here than they do in real life. Lol

Oh yea feel free to offer any advice as I am here to learn, but also keep in mind that I did not spend much time at all preparing these scenes, I was basically playing with the settings and just trying ti figure out the basics, like how the heck do you turn this thing on and which way do you hold it! Lol.

I would like to get another Arrowanna.....they are so cool....I used to have until he jumped out of the tank.

Most reactions

Back