First Prints

bigfatbadger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I managed to black out my bathroom with tinfoil and bin bags, I managed to get all the chemicals and all the equipment, I never actually thought it would work!

Thanks for all the tips everyone, today I sealed myself in the bathroom and produced some prints (one of which below). Digital is nowhere near this much fun!

budapestsmall1sf.jpg

I sold my enlarger years ago as I had no place to use it. I would only print at school. I really miss working in the dark room. Waiting for the paper to come out of the printer is no thrill since you have already seen the image on the screen.

You've taken the first steps in learning a most interesting craft. If you haven't done so already, start recording your settings [film to easel distance, aperture, time, paper, VC filter/settings and developer] so that you can quickly run off a duplicate print at a later date.

Torus34 said:
You've taken the first steps in learning a most interesting craft. If you haven't done so already, start recording your settings [film to easel distance, aperture, time, paper, VC filter/settings and developer] so that you can quickly run off a duplicate print at a later date.
Now, that's an excellent tip. It would save so much time in a later setup for the same image, especially if there's been a lens change on the enlarger. I've recorded everything but that. Thanks! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back