First proper camera-what to get-help?

AlwaysMary

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi I am just about the buy my first serious camera (serious for me, maybe not so much for seasoned photographers like you guys)!I've narrowed down my choices to the Sony nex-7, the canon rebel eos 600 or 550d. I know there's a big price jump between the Sony and the canons and I'm wondering if it's worth paying the extra cash for additional features that I probably won't be able to use. Then again I dont want to find myself a few months down the road wishing I'd splashed out on the Sony...I'd really appreciate any advice from those of you who have used any of these cameras. Cheers...

I already tried sony's camera , i also mainly use canon 550d for now, for me, both camera has strength and weakness, depends on what type and capability. Lets say, Obviously canon is more expensive, with sony camera, if you use next 7 its a nice camera and i already tried next 5 and other type of sony dslr. With sony, u can save a lot money and comparing with canon. Though, sony had a built in hdr photo maker on its camera, canon is not. So, Now depends on your purpose or budget, the expensive part of camera is other than body, whatever the brand is. The most important thing is we know the basic operation to use camera , then we can use every camera easily

Sony Nex 7 is not a dSLR, but a mirrorless camera, an high end one that costs the double of a Canon 550d-600d.

The most important decision is whether to go with a mirrorless (so, no real viewfinder) vs. dSLR. Sony sensor is good, but is also available on a couple of dSLR bodies, one cheaper (A65), one more expensive (A77).

You to decide between a dslr or a more compact range finder system like the nex. Both take very different types of lens which is what you need to consider long term. The lenses are everything. I shoot with a sony dslr and like it. The dslr motors have built in stabilization which makes lenses cheaper the canon and nikon equivalents. But the next can use lots of olders lenses with adaptors, like rokkor or leica.

Most reactions

Back