First real pic with my D40 C&C?

cosmoepic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
was wondering thoughts on this, im very new to DSLR as im sure some of you know, and shot this from the hydraulic cables on a tractor

focus, DOF, and composition look ok?
D40tractor.jpg

I like the composition, but i like tractors too. The background looks a bit bright, maybe strong sun. Certainly a good first picture.

i just tried cropping some of the left side out and warmed it up a bit whch seems to make the contrast look a bit better as the paint on th tractor has faded so the yellow is a bit washed out, imho...hope you dont mind...
what tractor is it btw?
D40tractor12.jpg

if you look up my HDR photo on here i did one of, its like a backho thing thats been at my parents house

Are these shot specs correct?

Aperture - f/4.2
Shutter Speed - 1/25
ISO - 200
Focal Length - 30mm

That shutter speeds seems awful slow for a sunny day. To me the image looks like it was shot under a overcast sky.

I think the image could be sharpened up a bit. Looks like slight camera shake is making the image slighty blurry. Maybe increase the color saturation a bit.

Not sure how I feel about the composition. Did you crop the original image?

it was very sunny the tractor was under a tree so there was a bit on shading

yeah it was a crop just on the right side

the original
tractoruncrop.jpg

i like the second pic, but maybe a little bit of saturation would help it

not with the D40 no im still getting used to setting it up, if there was any blur it was due to a bit of shivering i was doing while taking the shot haha its gotten quite cold here

anyways ill get setting it up for the tripod soon and ill retake this in manual mode

Most reactions

New Topics

Back