first real try at portaits C&C

cotton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
love to see some feed back. it was my first time putting some real thought to a portrait.

dasd.jpg

Looks good to me but you (like I seem to do a lot) forgot about the eyes. Or the catch light are on the whites of the eyes.

Color looks off. I can't say what exactly needs to be done, but maybe fix the exposure and a boost in curves? It looks really flat, more like a snapshot. There's a lot of headroom and her arms are chopped. Also, clothing makes a big difference in "portraits". T-shirts with logos are generally not a good idea if you're going for a polished look. Hope that helps! Keep shooting!

Great photo - just needs some minor PP.

I first made it an 8x10. The arms are fine in the original - your framing is good.

I desaturated the background, pulled some warmth out of the bricks. I brightened her face and neck, dodged some shadows around her mouth and nose - but tried not to flatten out her features too much. I desaturated the blue in the shirt and brought the brightness down on that a bit. I brightened the highlights in her hair and added contrast to her eyes. Tiny smart sharpen at the end (like 15% at .03 pixels - for web) Everything except dodging done with Nik Software's Viveza.

EmiYe.jpg

ohh wow thx alot you did what i was trying to do in photo shop :p i just put on a warming filter it was much better than the original the original was just very blue.

I use to do some modifications in adobe photo shop and then make it print on my t-shirt. I think it is a great idea to have the unique collection. I love yours also it has a very good color combination and I like it very much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back