First Shoot other then family

Im sorry might have said it wrong and not noticed. When you look through the viewfinder on a point and shoot such as that s700 she has there is a second sensor that is showing what the lens is seeing. That is produced on a smaller lcd screen looking through the viewfinder. With that point and shoot you can also look at the 3" inch screen to take a picture but i read that was a bad habit to do. On a slr you have a mirror that reflects the light up to look at what the lens is looking at i guess for a more live view. The blurrniess comes from the second lcd display in her viewfinder on her s700. I had the camera it was bad...lol.. Hope that clears things up a little bit.

Im sorry might have said it wrong and not noticed. When you look through the viewfinder on a point and shoot such as that s700 she has there is a second sensor that is showing what the lens is seeing. That is produced on a smaller lcd screen looking through the viewfinder. With that point and shoot you can also look at the 3" inch screen to take a picture but i read that was a bad habit to do. On a slr you have a mirror that reflects the light up to look at what the lens is looking at i guess for a more live view. The blurrniess comes from the second lcd display in her viewfinder on her s700. I had the camera it was bad...lol.. Hope that clears things up a little bit.
I think you are wrong. The view comes directly from the sensor in cameras such as this. I have the camera and when you compare a Ferarri to a Ford, of course the Ford will always be poor performance. The S700 is not bad, the images are quite nice and the viewfinder is quite good for being just an LCD in a Ford.

If the view comes from a 2nd sensor, where are the optics for this 2nd sensor?

Well I remember saying in the manual that there was a 2 lcds on that camera the back one and the view finder. However yes there may only be one sensor that actually displays the picture. Either way looking through the eye whole is better.

Live view is silly, anyway. :)

*Chris ducks.*

Live view is silly, anyway. :)

*Chris ducks.*
Has it's uses. Very useful when the camera is on a tripod. I much prefer standing straight and looking at the back LCD over leaning into the tripod trying to look through the viewfinder.

It's a good thing that dSLRs are starting to have live view for tripod useage. Unfortunately, that means you'll also start seeing a lot more people trying to hold their heavy $2000 cameras straight out at arms length at the kid's school Christmas programs too.

Most reactions

Back