First Shoot with People

Cheex

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My friend from school asked me to do a few photographs for her and her brother for mother's day. I'm usually into landscapes but I thought I would give it a try. I've had zero experience posing people or framing so it was a little bit of a challenge.

I tried my best to pose them in bro/sis poses but it's difficult to not make them look like a couple! I found that having the girl perform the more masculine poses really cut out the awkwardness.

They wanted to get pictures around campus because they are graduating soon. Let me know what y'all think! The images are in order from my favorite to least favorite.

B2Brsz.jpg

JBlvd2nd.jpg

lake1-1.jpg

And here's just an example of the before and after on PP

BEFORE
BEFORE.jpg

AFTER
After.jpg

You went nuclear on the saturation. People are not that red in real life, oompa loompa's are.

The "before" photo looks better, than the "after(math)". Watch trimming body parts (his right shoulder, her, uhh butt.)

Number three looks the best of the bunch, tighter crop though.

p!nK

Where do you live?
That tower looks kinda like the UNO bell tower here in Omaha.

You went nuclear on the saturation. People are not that red in real life, oompa loompa's are.

The "before" photo looks better, than the "after(math)". Watch trimming body parts (his right shoulder, her, uhh butt.)

Number three looks the best of the bunch, tighter crop though.

p!nK

This is great. Thanks a lot p!nk.

After your comments I used another computer to look at the pictures and they appear much more red than on the computer I used to first edit them.

I'll dial them back a ton and post edits in a few minutes!

Also, I live in Lawrence, KS. Home to the University of Kansas.

Here are some edits

Thisoneispro.jpg

JBlvd2nd-1.jpg

Ithinkyourmommightlikethisone.jpg

FT-1.jpg

B2B.jpg

I prefer the second edits. They are a photogenic couple. Subtle adjustments are often all that's needed if the pictures are well taken. IMO all the pictures would benefit from cropping.

Here are some edits

Their skin tones thank you for that.

And yes, unless these locations are important to them personally, they need to be cropped down.

p!nK

Locations were in fact important because they are graduating from the college and the landmarks shown are important to the mother.

For future shoots, I will move closer to my subjects to fill more of the frame with their faces!

Thanks so much for making their mother happy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back